These are delicious! Even my neighbor who doesn't like brussel sprouts loved them!
1 lb Brussel sprouts
3 tbs Olive oil
1 tbs Balsamic vinegar
1 tbs Honey
1 tsp Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425F
2. Cut off stems and half the brussel sprouts
3. Mix the olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper
4. Toss the brussel sprouts in the mix and lay out on a pan. Be sure to spread them out so they roast!
5. Leave them in the oven while stirring occasionally for 20 min
6. When done, drizzle with MORE HONEY and enjoy!
One of my favorite mac and cheese recipes!
1 box penne pasta
8 oz shredded gouda (we do half smoked and half not)
1 medium onion diced
6 slices of bacon cut into pieces
1 cup reserved pasta water
2 cups milk
3 tbsp flour
1. Cook pasta and brown the bacon a little bit
2. Saute onion with bacon and coat with flour. Let this cook til bacon is done
3. Slowly add pasta water and stir then milk (add milk until the consistency of gravy)
4. Add cheese until melted then stir in the pasta
The other day, I decided to make some pound cake to go with all the jam that I made. It was delicious and I wanted to share my recipe with you guys! It is really easy, so give it a shot and let me know how it goes. This does make a very large cake and I half it, but if you happen to have a large pound cake pan, then have it!
1 lb butter
2 cups sugar
1 can Eagle Brand condensed milk
3 cups Swanns Down cake flour
2 tsp vanilla
1. Cream butter and sugar, add one egg at a time beating after each.
2. Add flour and milk alternatively ending with flour.
3. Add vanilla.
4. Butter and dust the pan with flour, then bake at 325 for an hour and a half.
5. Drizzle it with that delicious jam from last week and ENJOY!
My mother makes 24 jars of strawberry jam every year; but this year, I got to make the jam and I got jam-happy. After making 24 jars of strawberry jam, I made 3 jars of peach jam and 5 jars of blackberry jam. Mom says that once you have homemade jam, that you cannot go back to "that smuckers crap" and I could not agree more. Here is the recipe for you all to try it yourselves! I do not suggest making 24 jars, but a few batches really doesn't take that much time or effort.
Sure Gel Pectin
For Strawberry Jam:
4 cups Strawberries
4 cups sugar
For Peach Jam:
2 lbs. peaches
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
4.5 cups sugar
For Blackberry Jam:
6 cups blackberries
5.25 cups sugar
1. Crush/finely chop the fruit you are using and mix with the sugar. Let this sit for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
2. Place the pectin in a pot with 3/4 cup of water and bring to a boil. Then boil for one minute and keep stirring.
3. Pour the pectin into the fruit and sugar mixture and stir for 3 minutes.
4. Finally, pour it into jars and leave them in one place for 24 hours, then place in the freezer for up to a year.
So, I made some DELICIOUS cupcakes over spring break. These homemade lemon cupcakes with a blackberry buttercream frosting were to die for!!! I got the recipe from bakerbynature, and you should definitely check her out. I didn’t have all of the ingredients that she used, so I did have to make some substitutions. They took a little more effort than boxed cupcakes, but trust me, they’re soooo much better and great for a rainy baking day. I even brought some of them back to school with me, and I used them to get a date! Never underestimate the power of a homemade cupcake.
THANK YOU TO BAKERBYNATURE! Please take a look at some of her recipes! I plan on trying some more soon!
For the cupcakes: